2013 Demographics and Numbers
· 44% male and 56% female
· 67% was African American
· 33% was Non-African American.
· 78% work with African American men.
· 78% work in the African American community.
· 60% attended both days of the conference.
· Ramsey, Hennepin, Dakota, Anoka, Olmsted counties and 5 different states were represented. As well as the Faith community,
Public Defender's Office, Community Healthcare Organizations, Child Protection, MNDOC, MN Dept. Of Health, etc.
Overall Impression: they rated following
excellent or very good:
Workshops: conference attendees stated
· 82% they clearly understood the workshop goals.
· 85% they gained information / skills that will benefit me in my work.
· 81% they gained information / skills that will benefit me in my life.
· 78% they would tell a close friend about this workshop.
Speakers/Presenters: conference attendees agreed to the
· 86% that the speakers/presenters was easy to understand.
· 86% that the speakers/presenters was in control of the audience.
· 86% that the speakers/presenters had a good knowledge of subject.
· 88% that the speakers/presenters answered audience questions.
Overall impression: conference attendees rated following excellent or very good:
· The Topics: 88%
· Speakers/Presenters: 81%
· Handouts: 77%
· Registration: 75%
· The Venue: 75%
was amazed by the speakers. Very beneficial information.
you have a Muslim for those who was African American Muslim man? This would help out a lot. Thank You.
enjoyed the conversations at lunch. Kevin Powell was great.
doing what you (Mr. Simmons) are doing! Keep spreading the word.
Garrison is a wealth of mental health information and wisdom. Thank You!”
been a great 5 years!!! I have started the healing process with my 15 year old grandchild.
state is beautiful! Awesome workshop facilitators! Very well chosen!!!
so much valuable information and great resources of African American folks in one place!!!